It’s tough to stand out in such a highly competitive arena, where innovators constantly create challenging new looks. And then there is the pressure of staying on top—also hard when celebrities obsessively focus on how they looked at this event or that event, looking to blame someone for a look that didn’t work.
However, these 6 makeup artists have proven their staying power, which is why they are considered to be among the top celebrity “facemakers” around.
- PATI PREMA DUBROFF: On the top of our list is one of the most respected makeup artists in the Hollywood. Pati is known for creating classic looks that still look very “now” when employed by top stars like Gwyneth Paltrow, Eva Mendes and Jessica Biel.
- CHARLOTTE TILLBURY: After more than 20 years of working her way up in the industry, Charlotte has gained not only respect of clients and peers but also fame in her own right. Part of what drove her success was stunning work she did for campaigns for Cavalli, Kors, Burberry and other top fashion brands.
- GUCCI WESTMAN: Her ability to create new sensual looks and her limitless creativity has earned her enormous respect in the world of beauty. Besides being an in-demand celebrity makeup artist, Gucci is also the Global Artistic Director for Revlon.
- PAT MCGRATH: She is an amazing makeup artist that in 2012 was named the most influential makeup artist by Vogue. Instead of relying on brushes and other tools, Pat is known for using her hands to apply makeup. Her great success in working with Oprah Winfrey, Madonna and others went hand-in-hand with her being named to impressive roles, such as Global Cosmetics Creative Design Director for Procter & Gamble.
- LAURA MERCIER: Her professionalism, great talent and her incredible products have mnade her an industry standout. Originally from Provence, France, Laura moved to New York in 1985 and made her name through stunning makeup work for ad campaigns for top brands like Bergdorf Goodman. Eventually she also worked with Chanel and Elizabeth Arden while also launching her own well-loved makeup line back in 1996—which is still going strong today.
- BOBBI BROWN: She originally made her mark by going against the dominant bright colors that were popular in the early 80s, instead favoring more natural-looking tones and shades. But by the end of the decade, she made her mark with products that were huge sellers, starting with a lip colours line that she sold to Estee Lauder in 1995. She still takes an active hand in her brand as CEO and is a hugely influential beauty author.
Adore Organic Innovation develops formulations derived from botanicals, plant stem cells and cutting-edge, proven skin ingredients like peptides and hyaluronic acid to help refresh and revitalize skin to restore its youthful radiance. Read Adore Organic Innovation reviews at online at Adore Organic Innovation.